Skip to main content

I don't think I told you...



I'm going on holidays next week I started leave this afternoon and I have five weeks off. I'm very excited! Leon and I are heading off to Israel for pesach. We're going with Elise, her brothers and their partners and her dad and the whole family. Seven of us rented a flat together for the first week. After that we are all going our separate ways, Leon and I are heading to Jordan and then back to Israel. All up we will be away for exactly a month.
 
And the biggest question, when planning a whole month away is - what should I knit? I've had a number of thoughts, but my most recent (although not at all final) decision is that I will knit a shawls for Elise - Brickless, by Martina Behm, and a shawl for Rachey - Miss Winkle also by Martina Behm. These should be interesting enough, but I should be able to knit them while travelling, or tired or drunk. I'm also taking yarn for two pairs of socks for Leon. I think I'll make Milo by Cookie A, because the cables are awesome and Business Casual, out of Ursula's yarn, because the socks will show the yarn to its full beauty. (I've mentioned before how much I love Ursula's yarn, but I what I haven't said here is she now has an Etsy shop. I'll wait here, while you go buy some yarn ;) 
 
I think this should be plenty, and there are yarn shops in Israel, even if they are not destination yarn shops. I wouldn't be surprised though if I throw an extra 200grams of yarn in to make Steven West's Samen - after all, I wouldn't want to risk running out of things to knit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Slowly slowly

I haven’t posted about my actual knitting for a while. This might be because not much has changed since the last time I talked about my knitting. This is the edging of my Village Sweater Wrap:  The picture fails to capture how much further there is to go. I'm just past the first arm hole, so just over a third of the way through. It’s 47 stitches of relatively simple lace. I’ve been knitting it since Monday two weeks ago. It’s quite pleasant, and slowly growing but I can’t quite work out why it’s growing so slowly. One reason I know is that the first week I was knitting it during Good Beer Week, so I didn’t take it out and about with me. I knit other things, and when I’m knitting two things it makes everything feel like it takes forever. But the main reason, I think, is that this is just a slow knit for me. I love the needles I’m knitting on ( Karbonz of course) I love the yarn, I love the way the lace looks. So really, what’s the rush? I’m not going to be cold...