Skip to main content

Pint of Origin and some charity knitting

This weekend was the beginning of Pint of Origin - a ten day beer festival that happens in different venues all around Melbourne. We went West on Friday and got to catch the new tunnel home from Footscray. We don't have much call to use that route, and it's pretty exciting to have new train stations. the free public transport is still a thrill, and we are getting very good value from it.

On Sunday we continued our beer adventures, going to six pubs Northside. Kris joined us, and we managed to get one, rather terrible photo with all of us!             

Late last week and over the weekend I finished a little charity jacket, which was super fun to knit and also used up some left over yarn. The back is striped, but right now I've only got this one terrible photo. (I'm sensing a theme!)  Once I get the back closure on I'll post photos of the back as well as the front on Ravelry: sharondoubleknit's French Macaroon (charity 12/26).  

I took the opportunity to cast on a baby hat to 'match'
                                                                                                                                                      Since I'm going to knit night tonight, and then more Pint of Origin on Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday) I'll have plenty of time to finish this and cast on my next project - which is a pair of socks that I don't want to start too early because we are away next weekend and I don't want to run out of sock before the end of the weekend. I've got some exciting sock experiments happening - more on that on Wednesday.                                                                                                                                                                               



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Slowly slowly

I haven’t posted about my actual knitting for a while. This might be because not much has changed since the last time I talked about my knitting. This is the edging of my Village Sweater Wrap:  The picture fails to capture how much further there is to go. I'm just past the first arm hole, so just over a third of the way through. It’s 47 stitches of relatively simple lace. I’ve been knitting it since Monday two weeks ago. It’s quite pleasant, and slowly growing but I can’t quite work out why it’s growing so slowly. One reason I know is that the first week I was knitting it during Good Beer Week, so I didn’t take it out and about with me. I knit other things, and when I’m knitting two things it makes everything feel like it takes forever. But the main reason, I think, is that this is just a slow knit for me. I love the needles I’m knitting on ( Karbonz of course) I love the yarn, I love the way the lace looks. So really, what’s the rush? I’m not going to be cold...