I adored knitting from the longest edge in, and despite starting with nearly 100 yards less than the pattern called for, I was never in danger of running out of wool. The final size is a generous one and a half meters across the top, and 75 centimetres to the point, so it's a proper shawl that my mother will be able to wrap around her shoulders to keep her warm and safe.
We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory! For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading. To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as Sharondblk . I'm joining in with Kat ...
Fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing how the colours have come out - you're right though, they're less bright than I'd have expected given the yarn Lovely shawl :)
ReplyDeleteReally, really lovely
ReplyDeleteyum it blocked out so beautifully.
ReplyDelete