Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dressing gown, in progress

I've made a number of changes to the simple cardigan pattern I am using as my dressing gown pattern. I replaced the garter edging with ribbing on the sleeves and a sewn hem on the bottom. On my old dressing gown the garter sleeves used to get caught up in the spinning wheel. I'm replacing the built in garter front bands with an applied edge, because I found that the old ones flipped under and I wanted a more structured edge. Probably the most significant difference though is that I knit it in the round and am steeking it.
 Last night I finished the arms and body. Today I am off to do a 10 km fun run, and then  when I get home - after a shower - I'll sew down the bottom hem, and get going on that steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment