Skip to main content

Refreshing the queue

Over the last couple of days I've fallen into one of those moods where I want to plan all the future knitting. Which is funny, because I have (at least) the next three months planned for sure already. I'm spending a lot of time on Ravelry looking at patterns, and at work doing random Google searches, since Ravelry is blocked at work. The result of all this thinking, planning and scheming is:

I've requeued Romi Hill's Village Sweater Wrap. I had it in the queue last year  and then decided  it was odd, but I'm getting more and more into making longer and flowing tops, so back into the queue it goes, although I may well modify it quite a bit, because it is quite an odd garment:
Image copywrite Romi Hill

And I think I solved the problem of the alpaca. Stephen West's Boneyard shawl, knit in some kind of stripe pattern, until I run out of yarn. it should end up quite large, and I can wrap it around me like a blanket - what I intended for my house hap, a BIG shawl.

Steven West's shawl, Stephen West's photo
I'm also thinking about what socks to knit next as sneaker liners. Maybe Lingerie from Knitty, alth I don't fancy doing socks on 2mm needles, or maybe these lace socks frok Interweave Knit's Favorite Socks. Clearly I'm in the mood for some lace sneaker liners.

I'm also thinking about Leon's next jumper, but I'll have to buy yarn for that, which I will probably do in New Zealand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Slowly slowly

I haven’t posted about my actual knitting for a while. This might be because not much has changed since the last time I talked about my knitting. This is the edging of my Village Sweater Wrap:  The picture fails to capture how much further there is to go. I'm just past the first arm hole, so just over a third of the way through. It’s 47 stitches of relatively simple lace. I’ve been knitting it since Monday two weeks ago. It’s quite pleasant, and slowly growing but I can’t quite work out why it’s growing so slowly. One reason I know is that the first week I was knitting it during Good Beer Week, so I didn’t take it out and about with me. I knit other things, and when I’m knitting two things it makes everything feel like it takes forever. But the main reason, I think, is that this is just a slow knit for me. I love the needles I’m knitting on ( Karbonz of course) I love the yarn, I love the way the lace looks. So really, what’s the rush? I’m not going to be cold...