Since I knit my new Warriston to replace my old tired, worn out Warriston I decided to rip the old one, figuring the yarn will be good for a bathmat some time in the future (Long time followers of this blog will know that bathmats happen on a regular basis!) I was surprised when ripping it how broken up the yarn was. Despite throwing out a lot of smaller bits, I have ended up with 509 grams, over an alarming number of skeins.
While I was ripping things, I decided to rip out my montebretia shawl. it was unwearable and ungiftable, and there was sparkle yarn trapped in there. I love sparkle yarn.
I feel better having finalised that shawl, rather than having it kicking around the house, reminding me of a failed project.
The yarn all came out very kinked and sproingy, but, after a wash, it was as good as new and returned to the stashbox.
After which I indulged in counting my stash, which is currently steady at 18026 meters. It's not surprising it hasn't budged, since I've recycled all this yarn, and got an accurate count on the opshop laceweight.