Skip to main content

Unravelled Wednesday - welcome to the middle of the week

I have ALMOST finished Elton, just 10 rows of ribbing on the cuff, and the sewn cast off, and I’m done. I’ve sewn in most of the ends, the buttons are on.


It was frustrating having to put it down last night, so close, but I’ll get it done tonight. Then blocking and finished modelled photos later in the week. 

The reading picked up late in the week. I started reading Toni Jordan’s The Fragments because it was on my Kindle. I think I bought it on special quite a while ago. Well, I loved it.

 It’s a really great story, set in New York in 1938 and Brisbane in 1986. I couldn’t put it down! After I finished it I decided to read Charlotte Duckworth’s Unfollow Me.


It’s the second last NetGalley book, I’ve rather gone off NetGalley for the moment. Well, I’m loving this too. It’s a sort-of thriller, told from a number of view points. Because it’s decently written the characters are strong and I really want to know what happens next.

Aside from knitting and reading, I PBd my squat clean at 50kg. I know this will only mean something the those of you who lift or do CrossFit, but suffice it to say I’m getting stronger and better and it feels GOOD. 

 As usual on a Wednesday, I’m linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits.

Comments

  1. Hooray for stronger and feeling better. I hope you get to finish the sweater soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Slowly slowly

I haven’t posted about my actual knitting for a while. This might be because not much has changed since the last time I talked about my knitting. This is the edging of my Village Sweater Wrap:  The picture fails to capture how much further there is to go. I'm just past the first arm hole, so just over a third of the way through. It’s 47 stitches of relatively simple lace. I’ve been knitting it since Monday two weeks ago. It’s quite pleasant, and slowly growing but I can’t quite work out why it’s growing so slowly. One reason I know is that the first week I was knitting it during Good Beer Week, so I didn’t take it out and about with me. I knit other things, and when I’m knitting two things it makes everything feel like it takes forever. But the main reason, I think, is that this is just a slow knit for me. I love the needles I’m knitting on ( Karbonz of course) I love the yarn, I love the way the lace looks. So really, what’s the rush? I’m not going to be cold...