I finished spinning the yarn for Waiting for Rain! First I finished plying the main colour, which I paired with a commercial mohair. I hung all three skeins outside on the back of a chair to dry. At some point in the evening I I thought "I should bring those in", but I forgot. It was a really windy night, and when I got up in the morning there was only one skein on the balcony. I thought the other two had sailed off, but I found one tangles in the leaves of a palm tree, and one at the base, resting on some birds of paradise. A couple of threads broke as I untangled it, but I have plenty of yarn, so it shouldn't be a problem.Then I plied the rainbow main colour. I thought I would quickly skein it up after dinner, and just messed it up. You know when you are skeining on a niddy noddy and you cross one of the threads the wrong way? Well, I did that, and then I tried to go back and fix it, and it ended up being such a mess. Leon helped me untangle it, and here - finally - is all the yarn for Waiting for Rain. I'm really happy with it. Do you think I will actually knit it this time?
We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory! For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading. To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as Sharondblk . I'm joining in with Kat ...
You Must knit it! Those yarns will be gorgeous!
ReplyDelete