Skip to main content

Can't stop, won't stop - the leathergoods edition

 It's not secret that I'm obsessed with knitting bags. I've managed to limit myself to Joji & Co bags, becasue they are so good. I last posted about buying Joji bags in July , but somehow a new envelope bag made it's way to my house (it's a  better colour in real life!) 

it's to replace the previous one, which I had used a lot and also was always a bit too lipstick red, and not quite the right shade of pink I was hoping for. Weirdly, I seem to replace these every two years.

At Bendigo this year, Nat brought out her Thread and Maple Needle Binder. I was obsessed! It's funny, because I don't really need any storage - I have a Joji needle binder in beautiful brown from 2020 and a DPN holder from 2021 in human skin pink.  So, I've been resisting, although I always knew I was going to give in at some point!  Last week I was having a very bad day, and also I got a pay rise, and I gave in and put an order in. I started with the notions page:

And some tags for my DPNs. I suspect I will end up with the cables page, the interchangeable page, and only time will show what else!

After all this, I was having my nightly whiskey with Leon and I did a random search for leather Kobo cases. I have long been very specific about the kind of case I want on my e-reader. It had to have a stand, it had to have autosleep/wake and it had to be pretty. My current case was metallic light pink. Actually, it was kind of a metalic version of the human skin pink, but in the plastic (oh sorry, "PU leather'). I put in the order for a new cover from Etsy.  It has a stand, and because the kobo Libra is a great e-reader, it turns on with a push of the page turn buttons, so it doesn't matter if there is no autowake. I don't know if it's going to be a long term solution, but it's a lot prettier and sturdier than the previous case, and has my name embossed on the front!

What's next? No more knitting bags for a while, I have plenty. Maybe a Thread and Maple page for my cables, since my current cable storage is (slightly) annoying. A remote control for my e-reader? Some more bobbins for my wheel? Or try to sink back into my semi-minimalist lifestyle, use what I have, be grateful for all the beautiful and useful things I already have.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Why Andrea Mowry, why? (A rant and a rather nice finished object)

As mentioned, prior to our hiking trip I suddenly, and rather randomly, decided to knit  Andrea Morwy's Traveler Shell . It's basically an open fronted rectangle in a knit purl pattern. The pattern is FOURTEEN pages long. Why is the pattern 14 pages long? Because, instead of explaining the ten row repeat and then putting the shaping on top of that (e.g. decrease while continuing to knit in pattern), she writes out the entire ten row knit purl sequence every time something changes. Additionally, most of the time she starts with even number being the right side and wrong numbers being the right side,which is just plain odd. It's confusing and it's like she wants to keep you looking at the pattern for every row, rathe than following the very intuitive stitch pattern, which I had memorised after one repeat.  The instructions for the band just say 'pick up x number of stitches'. No ratios, no acjnowledgement that different bits of the band have different ratios. Afte...