Skip to main content

The things about bags (fangirling again!)

Yes, I'm talking about knitting bags again. I spend a surprising amount of time looking for the perfect bag. I have bags I LOVE for smaller projects (Joji & Co's Box bag for single skein projects, the Hobo for two to three skein projects). But I keep searching for the perfect bag for larger projects. While knitting my Winter's Beach cardigan I kept the project in a heavy drawstring bag from Joji and Co. 

When I go to work I shove it in my panniers. 

When I'm around the house or walking down to the pub  or going away for the weekend this went tidily into my Pampa Bucket or  Box Slingback

So you would think I'm done  with buying bags, right?

Well, no. Joji put out a collaboration with Stephen West. They called it the Shawl Bag and it's designed for four to five skeins of 4 ply yarn, which is Stephen west shawl, or a jumper for me. It came in such pretty colours  that I couldn't resist...

It's quite compact, but has giant gussets. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is to use. It's heard to tell, until something has had a bit of wear. I LOVE my hobo bag, but I have also managed to get milk, beer and chocolate on it. I'm not made for suede (It does clean up quite nicely with a suede brush). I'll get action photos and also perspective ones when I'm actually using it.

I also bought a DPN holder.

I had been using two of the Chiaigoo floppy material ones, but I love my Joji & Co  interchangeable case so much that I wanted a DPN holder too. I love it. It fits all my needles, from 2mm to 6mm and it is, like all the rest of the Joji & Co bags, beautiful leather and beautifully made. It's just so tidy and well thought out.

And no, this is not a sponsored post, I just really love these bags. 

I should stop buying bags - after all, I have at least one small, medium and large bag. But she's coming out with a teal box bag next week, and that will be hard to resist. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Why Andrea Mowry, why? (A rant and a rather nice finished object)

As mentioned, prior to our hiking trip I suddenly, and rather randomly, decided to knit  Andrea Morwy's Traveler Shell . It's basically an open fronted rectangle in a knit purl pattern. The pattern is FOURTEEN pages long. Why is the pattern 14 pages long? Because, instead of explaining the ten row repeat and then putting the shaping on top of that (e.g. decrease while continuing to knit in pattern), she writes out the entire ten row knit purl sequence every time something changes. Additionally, most of the time she starts with even number being the right side and wrong numbers being the right side,which is just plain odd. It's confusing and it's like she wants to keep you looking at the pattern for every row, rathe than following the very intuitive stitch pattern, which I had memorised after one repeat.  The instructions for the band just say 'pick up x number of stitches'. No ratios, no acjnowledgement that different bits of the band have different ratios. Afte...