Last week I said I was struggling with The Intrigue* by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. Unusually for me I put it aside and read The Music Between You And I by Quiana Glide* a book that was full of grammar and plot errors. After that I returned to The Intrigue, but I didn't suddenly start caring about the characters or plot. I had just read three 5 star books in a row, so I guess I was due a slump.
Now I'm reading Double Standard*: An 831 Stories Romance by Mallory Thomas. All 831 romances have the same boring cover, in different colours. The book itself is an easy read and I'm liking it.
I have an unusual number of ARCs to read - after Double Standard there are four due on the 11th of August, which should be quite achievable, none of them are particularly long. Although i really should stop requesting ARCs with short timeframes! these all sounded really good. They are Ninefox Gambit* by Yoon Ha Lee (military space opera) Never Date a Celebrity* by Claire Forsythe (Sapphic romance) I Love the Whole World!* by Victoria Hannan (Australian Women's fiction) and Preaching to the Choir* by Adrian Tchaikovsky (horror novella). So, a really good variety of books coming up!The knitting has been fun - I've been working away on my 'in public' socks, which are coming along nicely.
I'm also swatching for Alpine Bloom by Caitlin Hunter. I was planning to turn it onto a dress, but I'm now considering my options.
I'm also enjoying all my new yarn - the planning, the playing the hope and the expectations.
As usual, all books marked with an * are digital review copies, provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoubleknit and on GoodReads as Sharondblk. I'm on BlueSky as Sharondblk.
I'm linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits for Unravelled Wednesday, Kat from the Bookdate for It's Monday, What Are You Reading and Sam from Taking on a World of Words for WWW Wednesday where we talk about what we are currently reading, what we have just finished and what we are going to read next.


That is a gorgeous Caitlin Hunter design, and I can't wait to see your take on it! Like you, I have a glut of books from NetGalley to read right now, too. Luckily, they all sound interesting . . . but it really is feast-or-famine sometimes, isn't it? I hope you have some good ones in your "pile."
ReplyDelete(Oops. I guess I wasn't signed in when I left that comment (above). It was me . . . )
ReplyDelete