I got sick again! This winter it's just been one thing after another. A bad cold kept me at home Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I always work from home Wednesdays, so I did log on today. Being sick left me lots of time for reading and knitting, so it's not all bad!
Double Standard* was an excellent short romance. Ninefox Gambit* by Yoon Ha Lee is complicated military space opera with lots of things blowing up and an interesting societal structure. It got me through a day when I barely got off the couch!
Now I'm reading Never Date a Celebrity* by Claire Forsythe which is Sapphic romance, set in rural Northern Ireland. very comforting.
Next up is the final two books in my current attempt to stay ahead of Netgalley deadlines - I Love the Whole World!* by Victoria Hannan (Australian Women's fiction) and Preaching to the Choir* by Adrian Tchaikovsky (horror novella).
The knitting has been very satisfying, since just before this cold hit I started Alpine Bloom, which I'm going to make into a dress.
I'm ten rows off finishing the colourwork, which was both entertaining and soothing.
I even found some time to do some spinning. It had been a while, and now I've managed three days in a row, so there are some upsides to this sickness!
As usual, all books marked with an * are digital review copies, provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoubleknit and on GoodReads as Sharondblk. I'm on BlueSky as Sharondblk.
I'm linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits for Unravelled Wednesday, Kat from the Bookdate for It's Monday, What Are You Reading and Sam from Taking on a World of Words for WWW Wednesday where we talk about what we are currently reading, what we have just finished and what we are going to read next.



I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Extra time for reading and knitting is a nice perk of being too ill to go to work. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDelete