Thursday, December 1, 2011

I finished something and something arrived in the mail



I made a colourwork hat to match the Wollmeise mitts I finished a couple of weeks ago:

The pattern is the Cat's Eye Tam by Mary Jane Mucklestone. I changed the fairisle part to match my vagabond mitts and am very happy with how they look together. I love the crown decreases and I love the fact they worked: I knit the second half of this project on a very long work trip to Wangaratta. The train was delayed and I knew I was too tired to knit, but that didn't stop me, so I was pleased that the very clever decreases came together properly.

Then yesterday I got a package in the mail:
My 63 gram Bosworth Morado plying spindle. I think it's so pretty, kind of like 1960s furniture, and it spins amazingly. Despite the weight of it I can make quite a fine thread, although I suspect I will only use this one for plying, since I have my beautiful Bids Eye maple spindle for spinning singles on: Here's a gratuitous shot of the two of them together:

I'm spinning for socks, and really did get a remarkable amount done on my day in Wangaratta.

2 comments:

  1. Check you out! Looking awesome! Has my package arrived yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking hat, so matchy and perfect. Your spindles are divine as is your drum carder, thanks again ;)

    ReplyDelete