A while ago, to protect my hands, back and shoulders, I made a rule. One 30 minutes of spinning at a time. this has serves me well. I think having a time cap actually encourages me to get that half hour in. Inspired and encouraged by Sonia I signed up for a one week spinning retreat. I am very excited that i get to spend an entire week just crafting.
And then I realised that I haven't spun for more than half an hour in a day since I can't remember when.
I did mention to my physio that I tend to run into trouble if I spin too much. Last time I mentioned spinning he thought about bike based exercise classes. this time her got it and gave me some strengthening pre-hab that seems to be helping.
While I haven't actually ended up spinning for more than half an hour a day, I have been spinning almost every day. Amazing how quickly the spinning gets done when I actually sit down and spin!
I've finished three bobbins of 125 grams per bobbin and just have one more together before plying time. I'm hoping to 2 ply this into about an 8 ply weight, but we'll see what happens.
Here's a bonus photo of Willow helping with the wool managment!



Comments
Post a Comment