I finished my not-so-deep V Argle vest, and I am very pleased with it. I used Kate Davies' yarn, Buchaille, and I can't rave about it enough. It has a beautiful hand, and a beautiful sheepy smell, and is really sticky, perfect for steeking.
The knitting proceeded with very little drama, it was an easy to knit, easy to follow pattern. Once I'd finished the knitting and the steeking I tried it on and discovered a very strange thing: the straps were too long, but only at the front. Which makes no sense, since the whole thing is knit in the round.
Anyway, I cut the straps shorter, and did the finishing, which, like on all steeked projects, seemed to take a really long time.
I am so, so happy with how this came out. I'm really glad I raised the neckline:
I'm REALLY glad I went up half a needle size, since it's pretty fitted, bordering on tight:
And I'm really glad I finally knit this beautiful vest. I'm pleased until I waited until I knew enough to be able to make the changes I wanted to make, and also I got to make it in a yarn that hadn't even been thought of when i first bought the pattern.