I've run out of themes again! This week, like so many, have has ups and downs. On Sunday we went to the Museum, which I haven't done since 2001! We saw an exhibition on ancient Rome, which felt very relevant to the Gaius Petreius Ruso Series by Ruth Downie, which I have been gradually listening my way through.
This week I read Enemies with Benefits by Roxie Noir. I got it free somewhere along the way and then left it sitting on the bottom of my Kobo because enemies to lovers isn't my favourite trope, but I really loved this. Good communication, good communication and four more in the series - currently on Kindle Unlimited, if that's the way you get your books. Then I read Thoughts Be Bloody* by Auden Patrick which is meant to be a magical Hamlett retelling. It didn't work for me, for a number of reasons mainly because I think it was a bit YA, and also there is (spoilers) basically magical time travel. I hope it finds its audience though.
Now I'm reading the newest book on my Kobo- Woodworking by Emily St James. Katie was reading this for her bookclub and I though it sounded interesting. Both this and Thoughts Be Bloody have trans protagonists, but that's about all they have in common.I only started it yesterday, but so far I am really enjoying it.
In crafting, the spinning continues. I'm more than half way through the final bobbin, and then we'll see what I made!
And I'm knitting with previously completed handspun, on 5 mm needles. Given that my previous project was a knee length dress on 3mm needles, this feels like it's flying by. It is going to be a long cardigan, so not as quick as all that, but knitting with my own handspun is so satisfying.As usual, all books marked with an * are digital review copies, provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoubleknit and on GoodReads as Sharondblk. I'm on BlueSky as Sharondblk.
I'm linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits for Unravelled Wednesday, Kat from the Bookdate for It's Monday, What Are You Reading and Sam from Taking on a World of Words for WWW Wednesday where we talk about what we are currently reading, what we have just finished and what we are going to read next.




Comments
Post a Comment