I solved the 'problems' in this post by ordering a custom Thread and Maple page. Now my extra quads can sit above my cables. And I do have extra Quads, because Morris and Sons now sell them, and I can run up there when I'm getting coffee at work. The other day I was outside the shop before it opened, begging them to open the door, crying for a needle. Just a little taste to get me through the morning.
Katrina from Lola and Louie had to special order this in and while I waited, every couple of days I sent her an email asking for something else to be added to the order. Since the whole thing took 6 weeks to come, I didn't even remember everything I'd ordered, but I'm a happy camper right now. A page of my Quads, one for my crotchet hooks, and a magnetic ruler. now I jsut need to do some crotchet!
I did also cave and get the Addi Unicorn Trio. These were hard to source in Australia and in the end I went with the evil empire. I haven't knit with them yet, when I finish my current project (and probably a quick dress and a hat too) I'll squeeze in a pair of socks so I can report back.
And finally but possibly most excitingly
At the Bendigo show Nat bought a jacket made of a vintage wool blanket. I loved that for her, but it was not for me. Then we went past another stall, also selling handmade jackets from blankets. I saw one I liked the look of - yellow and pastels and hooded and thought it was great. It was also an extra large. So we walked away. Then I went to Dani's stall and bought this yarn.
All the time, I was thinking about the jacket. We went back, and the owner and sewer put together the jacket for me. We chose the lining - SnugglePot and CuddlePie. So cute.
When I say we - Kris was helping me, sometimes I need emotional support when shopping!
Now I'm knitting a matching hat, and it's going to go so well:
So many lovely things. Now to lay off the shopping and engage with the making!





Comments
Post a Comment