Skip to main content

A simple solution

I stressed for a bit about what to do about Raph's sock. I couldn't get any more of the yarn, and I really wanted to use up all the yarn that I had. Eventually I decided to go toe up. I spent a little while converting, or rather trying to convert, the Hickory socks into a toe up, 72 stitch version, using David's toe up cookbook as a guide. After struggling for a while I realised that Raph doesn't care if his socks have a plain 2x2 rib or the wandering rib from the Hickory pattern. I cast on for 2x2 rib socks, and it's going well so far.

In other (almost) sock news, I made one of the Cookie A Recipes, a pistachio biscuit. They were delicious, although my tip for the day would be: if a recipe calls for 150 grams of salted pistachios, shelled, buy the shelled ones, because removing that number of shells takes forever.  The recipe said it would make 5 dozen, and I only got one dozen, so maybe my biscuits were huge. Either way, they were very tasty, and are especially good with cream - but then, what isn't?


Popular posts from this blog

Look what I found!!

I was putting away the yarn from my mothers ASJ, which I have finished - it's having a bath right now, and I found this blue yarn:

Now, I'm pretty sure that the yarn I left at book club a month ago was Patonyle in navy, and that's what this is too! Either way, it is an exact match:

That's the old yarn and the one I just found, together, and they are the exact same colour!

There is only 13 grams, so I don't know if it will be enough to finish both sleeves, and the  iCord front, but if it is I won't have to wait another month to declare this project done!

Moving on UP

So, last week Leon and I bought a house! Well, actually a perfectly sized flat. The thing about our perfectly sized flat is that it’s a bit smaller than our current rather home – where we live now is a giant flat built in the 1960s. We’ve got loads of space, a  dining room,  a garage and a storage room. Unfortunately, not too much maintenance has been done on the place in the last three decades. The place we’ve bought is lovely – 15 years old, with a new kitchen, views to forever and nothing is falling apart. But it’s got a carspot, and room for a dining table in the living room. So, I’ve had a look at my stuff and I’m getting rid of things like a crazy lady! Also, it turns out I’d rather get rid of everything than move it. I'm destashing as if we are moving into the carspot, rather than the flat! All our CDs –GONE. All the DVDs –given away, books - bye bye...

It’s been really interesting, especially in relation to my crafting things. I’ve got quite a lot of spinning fibre, and I’m…

Yarnalong - the one with the end of a chapter

Last week Ginny announced that, after 6 years, she was finishing the yarnalong. . I’ve been participating since  December 2013 ; over three years. It’s bittersweet – doing the Yarnalong has given me a good structure to my blogging and I’ve loved reading about what Ginny, and all the other members of the yarnalong get up to every week. But this is a time of change for me – some very exciting things have happened, which I can’t share here quite yet. It’s a time for letting go, and for new beginnings. So I leave you with one last photo of my kindle and my knitting, and I say “thank you” to Ginny, and everyone else who have brightened my Wednesdays for the last 6 years.