I love the way the colours came out. I thought they would be more blended and less stripy, but I think it looks really interesting.
Last ASJ I made my mother I didn't do a good job on the buttons, and she took them off and resewed them. This time I did it properly, buttons on the back and all. I sewed each one on with a different coloured sock yarn, and I think it's really cute.
I did tight cuffs, mainly because I had already reduced for the cast off when she tried it on, and they needed a couple more inches, so I just knit on, with half the stitches. This turned out to be a happy accident, because they fit well, and look good.
As well as making a wonderful coat for my mother, I used up about 800 grams of Left Over Sock Yarn. reducing the pile to a bit less scary. All in all a very satisfying project.