I finished the jumper this week, it’s blocking now and we’ll do a photoshoot on the weekend. I cast on a matching pair of socks – I’m using the Ardmore pattern transcribed onto a 68 stitch sock. This is such fun, although it has progressed slowly this week, partly because it is quite cabled:
But look how the cables pop in the Socks That Rock! Mainly they have been slow because we’ve been out every night this week. I saw my finger therapist this week and he gave me a new splint:
I’m seeing him again in two weeks. Hopefully I’ll be done with the splint by then. I want to finish a project at the same time as I get free of this splint, because it’s probably affecting my tension. I asked my hand therapist if I could take the splint off to cast on – I tried to explain how the long tail cast on is difficult without being able to use my fourth finger. He gave me a blank look, and then said “no”. Well he took about six sentences to do so, but the summary was no. At least the new brace holds my finger in perfect knitting position.