It was good! we (this time meaning me, Nat, Katie and Kris) stayed in a very nice place across from a different lake!
We had our traditional Thai dinner on Thursday night.
Friday morning dawned chilly but sunny. Kris and I walked to the show and then we shopped hard until it was time to meet for our traditional Richmond Knitters Bendigo Knitalong photo.
Then we went to the Women of Wool lunch, which was fun, interesting and dleicious.
After lunch we looked at some sheep, which is always a highlight for me.
Every year Dani, our friend who runs HalfBaked Handyed runs a competition where punters can make their own selfstriping combinations. I think she makes the best one (or a random one, I'm not quite sure). I made mine with my theme colours for this show - teal, lilac, pink and grey. It's in the middle here:
Saturday morning we returned to the show to finish our shopping lists and (in my case) buy a couple of things that were not on the list. the light one is by Dani, the dark one ColaGirl. They were the only yarns I bought that were not on my list, and they are SO PRETTY. We also found a new favourite sheep breed.
This is a Swiss breed, that traditionally lived on the ground floor of three floor houses and would get snowed in in winter. They give milk, fleece and meat. Mostly they are so friendly!
Then we went to the photoshoot for the Bendigo project, where I was in four of the six photo groups, because I had knit a jumper, hat, scarf and socks. It was really fun, and I hope I like the patterns for next year's project.Saturday night was the traditional Richmond Knitters dinner. A good time was had by all.Sunday we went to breakfast by the other lake, and then dropped in on the Mill, where I bought the couple of things I had not at the show. Mainly undyed sock yarn. And some yarn for Elton, which means I now 'need' matching fluff.
It was such a lovely weekend, spent with my favourite people!
When I got home, Leon had cleaned the bathroom, done the washing and planned diner, which gave me no excuse to procrastinate putting my stash on Ravelry. So I has no excuse not to put all the yarn on Ravelry and then away. My stash is now 22 kilometers, a rather enthusiastic 8 kilometers more than on Thursday!
I also didn't hang back on the consumables, getting things from all my favourite - Urth Organics, honey, Farm Goat, Bendigo Brittle and some salami too (the bags and things in the background belong to others, as if that makes this haul less ridiculous!).
I fell in love with some fibre. I only bought 200 grams total, since i have plenty to go in my current project. It's the ones directly under my face.
There are no links in this post, because I'm very tired and sometimes done is better than good. If you want to know anything more about anything I've said here, let me know and I'll provide you with the links. Now I'm tired and happy and am going to read a book on the couch, unless I get tempted to spin, knit, or just play with my yarn stash!
















Comments
Post a Comment