After I finished Preaching to the Choir* a really enjoyable horror novella by Adrian Tchaikovsky I realised I had time to fit ion a non-review book, before proceeding to I Love the Whole World!* by Victoria Hannan. I went to the library app to see what I might like to read. And there, waiting for me was a notification saying that I had 11 days left to read John of John.
This is the Read With Us September book. Read With Us is an online bookclub, run by many of the same people who participate in Unravelled Wednesday. i don't really participate, but I was inspired to request this book from the library. I had but a reservation on it when they first announced it, but had been told it would come my way by March 2027. And yet, here it was! I'm enjoying it, but it's not a light read and it's not a book to skip quickly through. The writing must be savoured and relished.I am racing through Hell Bent the second in the Ninth House trilogy. It's a book that's interesting to listen to, and is also full of action. Perfect to listen to while spinning, which I have been doing almost every day.
Unsurprisingly i'm still knitting the Autumn Bloom dress.I've finished the waist shaping and am about to start increasing for the skirt. I've only used two of the 8 balls of the grey yarn I started with, so I expect I will be able to make quite a full, knee length skirt.
As usual, all books marked with an * are digital review copies, provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoubleknit and on GoodReads as Sharondblk. I'm on BlueSky as Sharondblk.
I'm linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits for Unravelled Wednesday, Kat from the Bookdate for It's Monday, What Are You Reading and Sam from Taking on a World of Words for WWW Wednesday where we talk about what we are currently reading, what we have just finished and what we are going to read next.



John of John has been very popular.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your week, happy reading