Last weekend I finished spinning the fibre I've been working on for a while: 480 grams and 983 meters of around an 8ply. I'm pretty happy with it. It was very fun to spin, and to produce what I had been aiming for.
I then decided I want to make the Argyle cardigan Links so I needed a contrast colour. I decided to dye some fibre pink and orange as the contrast:I mean, I love it, but I would call it scarlet, mauve and pink. I'm pretty pleased with how fluffy the fibre is, even after dying.
Meanwhile and unrelated I found out that avocado can be used as a natural dye. I asked Anna, my most avocado eating friend if she could keep her pits for me. On Tuesday she gave me a week's worth of avocado pits. I extracted the colour, let them cool, strained it and threw in a skein of of sock yarn, just to see what might happen.
I really like it. i also really like the Nundle "high twist" sock yarn, it's very plump and pleasing, while still being a true sock-weight yarn.


Comments
Post a Comment