The last couple of weeks I've been working on two things - the Field Day Jacket in bulky handspun and, when that got too big to carry around with me a Musselburgh to match my new blanket jacket. They look so good together! There are no photos.
I managed to wear the hat and out on Friday and Saturday without getting a photo, the first time to go to my parents for dinner and second for my in-house pole competition. Today we went to the St Kilda pride centre for Leon's end of term choir extravaganza and I wore the cardigan and the hat.
I love this cardigan so much. I was trying to spin 8ply (doubleknit) yarn, and failed abysmally. the bulky yarn sat in my stash until a couple of weeks ago, when I went on a mission to find a pattern that would work with it. I did not know I needed a bulky oversized cardigan with toggle buttons, but now that I have one, I can tell you:
perfection. I knit it pretty much to pattern, although I did add the pockets - perfect for hands, or a phone.
I also managed to use up pretty much all the yarn - which is great, because handspun takes effort and using it feels so good!
So, two very satisfactory finished object, and a really fun weekend.






Comments
Post a Comment