Last Wednesday night I tore a left tricep at Pole. then on Saturday my right forefinger got horribly infected for no apparent reason. I'm pretty grumpy about it. On Thursday I cast on a crotchet project in some left over handspun. It's been quite a fun project, because I speak crotchet as a second language, so it's taken attention and care. Alos, I can joke about being crotchety.
It's not perfect, but it is recognisable as a garment.The reading has been up and down this week. I finished Worry Box by Chris Panatier*, which did not live up to its early promise. You know when a book has a plot hole that you cannot forgive? This has that, and also characters whose emotions flip-flopped in a way I found unbelievable. The sentient house was believable though.
Now I'm reading Best Fake Fiancé by Roxie Noir, the second in the Loveless Brothers series. Charming low stakes romance, just what I needed.
Up next could be anything. Maybe Taylor Jenkin's Reid's Atmosphere or Golgotha by Lavie Tidhar, if I'm I the mood for something a bit epic.
Special mention to the audiobook Guillotine by Delilah S. Dawson, a brutal but satisfying 'murder the billionaires' fantasy.
As usual, all books marked with an * are digital review copies, provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as Sharondoubleknit and on GoodReads as Sharondblk. I'm on BlueSky as Sharondblk.
I'm linking up with Kat from As Kat Knits for Unravelled Wednesday, Kat from the Bookdate for It's Monday, What Are You Reading and Sam from Taking on a World of Words for WWW Wednesday where we talk about what we are currently reading, what we have just finished and what we are going to read next.



Comments
Post a Comment