Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Racing the sun

I love summer. I love sunshine an unnatural amount. I think I'm solar powered. One of the happiest days of the year for me is the first day of spring, when it starts to heat up and the days get longer. This year I celebrated the first warm day by casting on Warriston, an Aran weight winter jumper by Kate Davies. Why cast on a winter jumper on the first warm day? Because this is Melbourne and we don't get proper warm weather. We go straight from hot to cold and back again. Today was definitely t-shirt weather, but Saturday is going to be cold again. I reckon I can get some decent wear out of this before it warms up for good.
I wanted a picture of the WIP but Ms Juniper looked so comfortable I didn't have the heart to move her.

1 comment:

  1. oohh looking forward to seeing it, its cooling down here x

    ReplyDelete