Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hazelhurst Revisisted

A couple of years ago ago I started, and abandoned, Kate Davies Hazelhurst cowl. in my memory I stopped because my hands hurt, and I didn't know whether that was because of the colourwork or because of the short needles I was using. With the benefit of having done a huge colourwork cardigan recently, I was sure it wasn't colourwork that was the problem, so when it came into my head to try it again, I did.

I chose two yarns that I thought were pretty, although I was worried they wouldn't have enough contrast, and cast on.

When I put the new project up on Ravelry I also had a look at the blog post I wrote about the original one and realised I'd abandoned it not just because of the reasons above but because I thought it was a boring project with no rhythm or flow. Well, this time I'm not finding that, although I am worried about the quality of the stitches in my colourwork. I did steam block the first half, and it looks a lot better after blocking. In that original post I moan that at the rate of three inches a day, this will take me a month to finish, and that's true. Now, two years down the track, that doesn't worry me at all. It will take as long as it takes. That said, I think I will shorten it, I really don'y see the need for this to reach down to my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment