Saturday, July 4, 2015

That went surprisingly well

On Saturday morning I decided it was time to fix or rip Leon's jumper. I was rather terrified, which was why I had put it off for so long. First I removed the neck ribbing:
Then,  I cut a stitch in the neck line, and dropped back the stitches, to do an extra cable crossing.

That was when I realised that, when I deliberately left off the final crossing I had actually moved the whole cable outward. At this point, I thought I was going to have to rip the sleeves and front. But instead I somehow recrossed it and picked up the rows I had dropped down.

At this point I started to thinkit might work:

I then knit the neckband on smaller needles, so it wouldn't look sloppy, and with fewer rows, because Leon thought that looked better. And then it was done!  I'm really happy with it, and Leon likes it too.

Once it's dry from blocking, I'll get some modelled photos. For now though, I'm going to admire it while it dries, and just be happy that it all worked out in the end.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment