Saturday, February 27, 2016

Well, that worked ...pretty much

Many of my sneaker liners have been striped. this is partly because I like stripes, but mainly because it takes me about 40 grams of yarn to make a pair of sneaker liners, and I have lots of left over balls of 30 grams. So, I took my only plain white yarn from the stash, put it in two skeins and  died them different colours. I haven't dyed since April last year, and, as usual I took a slightly slap dash approach. till the results are goos.


I love the shade this came out, although wheat you can't see in this picture is that there was some dye transference, and bits of it have purple flecks. I know what I did wrong, so if I do dye again, I can avoid this.

I'm also quite happy with the purple, although I thought it was going to come out a lot lighter. Unfortunately, when I was reskeining  the yarn prioir to dyeing it, it got a bit tangled. Now I'm going to have to sit down and ball it up, very, very carefully. Overall though, I'm happy with how these came out and much more likely to knit with it than I was before I dyed them up. I'll call that a success. Mainly.

1 comment: