Monday, May 16, 2016

Too tired to knit

I had a great weekend away. Apollo Bay is such a lovely place and it has all the things I want out of a sea-side resort, specifically amazing beaches and ice cream shops.

We drove up (more accurately were driven up) on Friday night. I was very glad I chose a simple project, so I could knit in the car, even as it got dark.

On the Saturday we hung around, ate ice-cream, watched one of my friends finish the six kilometer run and I knit, knit knitted away.

This is Leon, after he finished the 23km really, fast.
On Sunday Leon and I had to get up at 5.30 to get to the start of the run. It was worth it though, running on the Great Ocean Road is so beautiful, and such a privilege. It was sunny and still when the race started. About half way through a rainbow started, and by the 18 kilometre mark I was running into the arch of a full rainbow. Stunning. Then it rained on me a bit, but it was worth it for the rainbow.

After finishing 23kms - the furthest I have ever run, we celebrated the traditional way -with Bloody Marys. I managed to knit a bit in the car on the way home, but by the time we got in I was so tired that I just sat on the couch. Too tired to knit. Today I feel a bit more lively, and am looking forward to picking my needles back up.

Photo credits go, as they so often do, to my personal photographer, Chris Scott.


1 comment:

  1. You two look so amazing and happy in those photos!!!

    ReplyDelete