Skip to main content

Now what?

After I realised I might have to put my Dreambird shawl on hold, my mind went to another WIP that has been waiting for my attention. I decided to finally restart The Goats of Inversaid mitts - if you recall, I got half way through the first one and then it was too big. I finished the hat ages ago and didn't write about it because I was going to do a big post with the hat and the mitts, and then the mitts turned out to be one of those projects:  I've cast on 4 times - first the cast on I used wasn't right, then it came out to big, then because I was using a tubular cast on and I did it wrong I got twice as many stitches as I needed. .

But we're going camping in two weeks, and it's going to be cold. I want warm mitts  to match the  awesome hat, so I've cast on again. This time it seems to be working and my goats are looking quite goat like.


  1. Casting on multiple times....that's a almost a ritual for me especially now that I've just learned to use circular needles - and it's fun! Your mitt will turn out gorgeous, I'm certain.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look what I found!!

I was putting away the yarn from my mothers ASJ, which I have finished - it's having a bath right now, and I found this blue yarn:

Now, I'm pretty sure that the yarn I left at book club a month ago was Patonyle in navy, and that's what this is too! Either way, it is an exact match:

That's the old yarn and the one I just found, together, and they are the exact same colour!

There is only 13 grams, so I don't know if it will be enough to finish both sleeves, and the  iCord front, but if it is I won't have to wait another month to declare this project done!

Moving on UP

So, last week Leon and I bought a house! Well, actually a perfectly sized flat. The thing about our perfectly sized flat is that it’s a bit smaller than our current rather home – where we live now is a giant flat built in the 1960s. We’ve got loads of space, a  dining room,  a garage and a storage room. Unfortunately, not too much maintenance has been done on the place in the last three decades. The place we’ve bought is lovely – 15 years old, with a new kitchen, views to forever and nothing is falling apart. But it’s got a carspot, and room for a dining table in the living room. So, I’ve had a look at my stuff and I’m getting rid of things like a crazy lady! Also, it turns out I’d rather get rid of everything than move it. I'm destashing as if we are moving into the carspot, rather than the flat! All our CDs –GONE. All the DVDs –given away, books - bye bye...

It’s been really interesting, especially in relation to my crafting things. I’ve got quite a lot of spinning fibre, and I’m…

Yarnalong - the one with the end of a chapter

Last week Ginny announced that, after 6 years, she was finishing the yarnalong. . I’ve been participating since  December 2013 ; over three years. It’s bittersweet – doing the Yarnalong has given me a good structure to my blogging and I’ve loved reading about what Ginny, and all the other members of the yarnalong get up to every week. But this is a time of change for me – some very exciting things have happened, which I can’t share here quite yet. It’s a time for letting go, and for new beginnings. So I leave you with one last photo of my kindle and my knitting, and I say “thank you” to Ginny, and everyone else who have brightened my Wednesdays for the last 6 years.