I’ve been knitting on the sleeves of the Village Sweater Wrap for two days and this is what I’ve got:
8 garter ridges. I’m using a garter stitch in the round technique that uses two strands of yarn, and my yarn keeps sticking to itself and it has broken three times in these 8 rows.
Also, the join is quite, quite obvious:
Last night I changed from circular needles to DPNs. At the end of the evening I decided my gauge was out for the entire sleeve and discovered that I’ve been using 3.5mm DPNs, and I knit the body on 3.25mm needles.
I have NEVER disliked a project like I’m hating this. I put it aside last night and had almost decided to abandon it. And then, while sitting down to write this I realised that I knit the first part of the sleeve on the same needle I knit the body – so the needle size must be the same. And if I think it will look better knit flat: knit it flat. So I’m going to rip out the last couple of rows – to the most recent yarn break, and knit it flat. With one thread only. Hopefully that will lead to a happier experience because I knit for enjoyment, and so far this sleeve has been the opposite of enjoyable.