Sunday, July 16, 2017

Back Again

We had a fantastic time at the Festival of Voices. There was lots of singing - or in my case listening to other people sing - and drinking and hanging out with friends.  I did pop into the two yarn shops in Salamanca, including one that had lovely hand dyed yarn, but I just couldn't buy anything. I've worked so hard to get my stash down, and I want it to keep going in that direction.
Glee Plus singing at MONA

It was freezing in Hobart, which meant everyone was wearing their best knitwear all the time!

Sheep on the ferry to MONA

And I had time to work on the Village Sweater Wrap. I was good to knit, even with my finger in a splint although doing the long tail cast on was very challenging. I finished the wrap on the aeroplane home. Which seemed very balanced, since I cast it on at the beginning of a very different plane trip,  I'm pretty much unspeakable excited about. I haven't tried it on yet, so here's hoping it looks ok. I'll block it and take photos soon.

The only downside to the weekend was this morning I stacked it on a trail run. Now, in addition to having a broken finger, I've got a very bruised foot. The upside of that is that I'm catching public transport to work tomorrow - more time to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment