Skip to main content

One ball, plus an injury update

Six weeks ago I went to the hand therapist and I've been very, very compliant about following her instructions. And it's gone really well, I'm basically not in pain, and my hands don't go numb when I knit, and I've had some serious knitting time over the last month. So that's all good. One of the exercises that can help nerve problems like I have is learning to juggle, (I was pretty happy it said "learning to juggle" rather than actually juggling, because I still can't keep more than two balls in the air). so I made some juggling balls :
 
These are quite nice, but I thought it might be nicer to have some that are knit or crocheted. I knit this one from the "oh Balls" pattern (and watched the movie the pattern talks about too).  I need to get around to knitting or crocheting to more, to have a set. I haven't decided if I'm going to make them all matching, or experiment with different patterns. Either way, it's going to take a lot more work until i actually can claim to be a proficient juggler!

Comments

  1. Wow! It's great that your hands are feeling much better and all due to some juggling?! I'm amazed and thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no - there was massage and 3 times a day stretching and not bending my wrsts backwards and wearing a splint for six weeks at night, but the fun part is the juggling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your hand is back in top shape. I just hope that you don't encounter anything similar to that previous injury. After all, it's tough adjusting from being on complete rest to being physically active once again. Anyway, how is the juggling activities going for you? Your therapist was pretty witty to have come up with that exercise. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Sharon! All the best to you! :)

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Back and Neck Center of Brick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Why Andrea Mowry, why? (A rant and a rather nice finished object)

As mentioned, prior to our hiking trip I suddenly, and rather randomly, decided to knit  Andrea Morwy's Traveler Shell . It's basically an open fronted rectangle in a knit purl pattern. The pattern is FOURTEEN pages long. Why is the pattern 14 pages long? Because, instead of explaining the ten row repeat and then putting the shaping on top of that (e.g. decrease while continuing to knit in pattern), she writes out the entire ten row knit purl sequence every time something changes. Additionally, most of the time she starts with even number being the right side and wrong numbers being the right side,which is just plain odd. It's confusing and it's like she wants to keep you looking at the pattern for every row, rathe than following the very intuitive stitch pattern, which I had memorised after one repeat.  The instructions for the band just say 'pick up x number of stitches'. No ratios, no acjnowledgement that different bits of the band have different ratios. Afte...