When I looked at the photo I posted of the pile of sock yarn I've had for ages, one thing stood out to me: I was never going to knit that ugly ball of yellowish/beige yarn on top.
I don't even know the name of that colour. So, I decided to overdye it. I wanted a reddish brown, to make Oook Socks, named after an orang-outang. I knew this was going to be a big ask, considering I had red, blue and green dye, but no yellow. So I threw a bunch of colours in. With a bit of tweaking I got this:
Now, it's not the exact colour I was after, but its a good dark brown, nearly black, with just a touch of purple, which I'm looking forward to knitting, and which Leon will love to wear.