I can sometimes be a bit cavalier about swatching; cast on a sleeve and see what happens. Because the Ursula cardigan is quite a particular pattern, this wasn't going to work. So, since Kate and I are doing this as a knit-a-long, we sat down and swatched together. This made a task i sometimes find tedious much more fun.
- I learnt many things from my swatch:
- I love the colours for my cardigan.
- I love the fabric on 3mm needles.
- I'm getting pretty much exactly stitch gauge, possibly one stitch less per 10cm, which is exactly what I wanted.
- My row gauge is way out, so I will probably have to do one repeat less of the pattern.
- I knit much looser than Kate does.
|That's Kate's tiny looking swatch at the top. Same number of stitches, same size needles. And no, I don't know why they both look blue.|