Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Handspun, handknitted bathmatt

Last Tuesday I was at the pub with some wool I had spun. I originally intended it to be a jumper for Leon, but it turned out far too thick. In fact perfect bathmatt wool. I had a pattern with me, but when I cast it on it looked aweful, and was not fun to knit. So I made a mitred square, but cast off with about 40 stitches left, so it sits against the toilet:

I never imagined I would put a picture of my toilet on my blog.

It was very simple: cast on 121 stitches, mark middle stitch. Knit in garter stitch, purling middle stitch on the wrong side, doing a double decrease on the right side. Cast off when it fits nicely around the base of the toilet.

It's so springy and squooshy and warm on the feet..



1 comment:

  1. Very stylish! Great idea for a mitred square, I am in awe of your inventiveness :)

    ReplyDelete