Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Decimal Terror

In every larger project I knit there is a moment of terror, where I am absolutely convinced that the entire project is going to be a disaster. Until last night I hadn't had that moment on the Decimal. Oh, I had the freak out with the sleeves. Then I had the "why are my stitch counts off?" after joining the sleeves and the body (Much thanks to Jen for working that one out for me). But generally I have been knitting along, enjoying the simple lace, the rhythm of the thing, the beauty of the Rowan yarn. I am somewhere about 6 rows off the top of the yoke now. Last night I tried it on. And now I am having that moment, the one where I am convinced the entire project is a complete bust. It seems very small. Now, that's not a fair judgement for a cotton cardigan, unblocked, with no button band, the sleeves not yet seamed, tried on in the pub. But I am going to spend the rest of the day worrying about it, until I can get home and have another look at it.

If my job was more interesting, would I spend less time worrying about my knitting at work?

1 comment:

  1. You know it's going to be fine, you haven't even done the button bands!

    If your job were more interesting, then you couldn't/wouldn't knit so much… you wouldn't want that would you?

    ReplyDelete