Skip to main content

Sneaker liner project - pair 5

After I finished Colour Affection I had three leftover, matching colours. I also had a three colour Sneaker Liner in my queue, the Crystal Socklet from Knitty. Although if I had had different amounts I would have changed around which colours were which, I didn't have that option here. I know that because I originally cast on the first toe in purple, but realised I would run out of yarn if I used that. I wasn't sorry to rip it though, I found the Turkish toe prescribed in the pattern clumsy. Or, as Leon put it to poetically "Are you making another pig?" So I ripped it, cast on with a colour I have enough of and knit on up.
I had a bunch of problems with this pattern - or with how I knit it, either way. They came out a little wide, which is odd, since I knit a 60 stitch sock on 2.5mm needles, which is what I always do. I've been wondering for a while if my knitting is actually becoming looser. There are holes where the heels start, I ran out of the contrast colour and had to stripe the heels and most significantly the garter cuffs are quite loose. I know I could reknit them, but I just don't have enough invested in the this project to care. There are wearable. Now onward, to greater things.


Popular posts from this blog

Look what I found!!

I was putting away the yarn from my mothers ASJ, which I have finished - it's having a bath right now, and I found this blue yarn:

Now, I'm pretty sure that the yarn I left at book club a month ago was Patonyle in navy, and that's what this is too! Either way, it is an exact match:

That's the old yarn and the one I just found, together, and they are the exact same colour!

There is only 13 grams, so I don't know if it will be enough to finish both sleeves, and the  iCord front, but if it is I won't have to wait another month to declare this project done!

Moving on UP

So, last week Leon and I bought a house! Well, actually a perfectly sized flat. The thing about our perfectly sized flat is that it’s a bit smaller than our current rather home – where we live now is a giant flat built in the 1960s. We’ve got loads of space, a  dining room,  a garage and a storage room. Unfortunately, not too much maintenance has been done on the place in the last three decades. The place we’ve bought is lovely – 15 years old, with a new kitchen, views to forever and nothing is falling apart. But it’s got a carspot, and room for a dining table in the living room. So, I’ve had a look at my stuff and I’m getting rid of things like a crazy lady! Also, it turns out I’d rather get rid of everything than move it. I'm destashing as if we are moving into the carspot, rather than the flat! All our CDs –GONE. All the DVDs –given away, books - bye bye...

It’s been really interesting, especially in relation to my crafting things. I’ve got quite a lot of spinning fibre, and I’m…

Yarnalong - the one with the end of a chapter

Last week Ginny announced that, after 6 years, she was finishing the yarnalong. . I’ve been participating since  December 2013 ; over three years. It’s bittersweet – doing the Yarnalong has given me a good structure to my blogging and I’ve loved reading about what Ginny, and all the other members of the yarnalong get up to every week. But this is a time of change for me – some very exciting things have happened, which I can’t share here quite yet. It’s a time for letting go, and for new beginnings. So I leave you with one last photo of my kindle and my knitting, and I say “thank you” to Ginny, and everyone else who have brightened my Wednesdays for the last 6 years.