Thursday, November 14, 2013

Trust the process

When I swatched  for Spice Road  I didn't know when I was going to knit it. Then I finished the bathmatt and realised it was the perfect time to do Spice Road. Also, that I really wanted to. This week I am travelling all over the state: Morwell and Warrnambool and Marysville and Wangaratta, so I needed something portable, but I really don't feel like knitting socks right now. Shocking I know, but I think I've overdosed a little. So I decided to knit Spice Road, since it's quite small, and in pieces. And I am knitting it in pieces, like the pattern says. I am knitting this exactly as the pattern is written. Except for one thing: My row gauge is 28 stitches per 10cm prior to washing. After washing it is the required gauge of 32 stitches per ten cm. So every time the pattern calls for "knit until it is 10 inches" I have to add 12 rows, or two inches. I think. Hopefully that maths will work for me. There will be no trying on as I go, no second guessing. I'm just going to trust the process, travel around our fair State of Victoria and at the end of it, wash the pieces, sew it together and hopefully have a lovely, well fitting jumper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment