Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Preemptive blocking

I finished the body of my parcel vest, did the three needle bind off on the shoulders and laid it out for a good look. I noticed two things that made me rather twitchy: despite knitting the body longer than on my previous vests, it has come out EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE. Also, the stitches don't look as even and pretty as I would like. So I decided to block it before I did the neck and armhole edging, which will hopefully give just a tiny bit more length to the bodice, and make sure it doesn't get drawn in by the edging. Now I have to wait for it to dry, to add the edging and see if I'm happy with it or if I need to rip it out down to the arm pits and try again.


I've laid Parcel over the vest that was slightly too short....

No comments:

Post a Comment