Friday, August 29, 2014

My mother; Or Why I had to buy more yarn

A month or so ago my mother asked me to make her a cardigan. "Sure" I said, "but what's wrong with the one I made you last year?" This one:    It fits her perfectly, it's made of Wollmeise, it's a lovely bright blue. Initially she said that she wants something warmer, but talking around it, I think she actually wants something brighter. And multi coloured. Stripes would be great, she said - although not horizontal stripes, they make you look fat. Almost as a joke I said I'd make her something from Kaffe Fassett. She agreed with enthusiasm. We settled on the Zig-Zag cardigan. While I'm using the original idea I'm adapting it in a number of ways. I'm knitting it in the round and steeking it and instead of using 47 colours, I'm making it in just two different colourways of Noro.

 And I really do think this yarn will be bright enough, even for my mother. Now I don't know how I'm going to go with colour work right now because I don't want to stress my hand out, so I guess it's good that when I ordered the Noro for my mother's cardigan I also ordered some Malabrigo for a simple cowl for me, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment