I finished the Millers Daughter shawl, blocked it and got it around my shoulders as soon as possible.
The Wollmeise Blend is utterly lovely – the colour is great, there is enough stitch definition for the lace, the garter sproingly, and it’s soft without being limp. Also, it still has that amazing Wollmeise smell.
As predicted I really, really wanted to make a Bousta Beanie out of the left overs. I had 16 grams of the dark green, and 25 grams of the light green and heaps of the teal, obviously. Now, that should be enough, since last time I used 10 grams of the equivalent of the dark colour, and 17 grams of the equivalent of the light. Working against me is that last time I was using Jameison and Smiths, a very light 4ply, and this time I’m using Wollmeise Blend, which is really a sport weight. Working for me is that last time I made the body of the hat on 3.75mm needles, instead of 3.5, and I’ve removed remove two repeats, (8 stitches) to make it a bit smaller.
For the first repeat I used 4 grams of the light green, so I *might* have enough to do the full (very long hat). The only way to tell is to keep knitting until it’s finished, or the yarn runs out.