Sunday, September 10, 2017

Weird socks and winning at shawls

After I finished my Bousta Beanie, I  decided to make Sunberry Socklettes, out of Jameison and Smith left over from the beanie.I knew it wouldn't be too matchy, because I finished the light grey from the hat, but I have been wondering for a while how Jameison would wear for socks. Unfortunately this pattern was weird. This the toe as written:

POINTY. NIPPLY. WIERD. I ripped it back 8 rows, and kitchenered it. When it came time to finish the second sock, I gathered the stitches, and got a better result, but I had sewn in the end of the first one and, despite looking really hard for it I couldn't find an end to unpick it.

 I reversed the direction of the stripes on the ankle, and the colours on the second heel.

I wasn't very happy with these wile was working om them, but they fit snugly, unlike many of the sneaker liners I have made recently. The Jamieson and Smith yarn feels good on the feet, and hopefully the colourwork on the heels will help them wear well.

As a bonus, Rachael came over on Friday night and I got to give her the Endless Rainbow Shawl I knit for her in person.
I'm pretty pleased with how it suits her, and I think she likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment