Skip to main content

Yarnalong - the one where I rush

So, this is my super brief contribution to Ginny's Yarnalong. Pop over to her blog and see what everyone else is knitting and reading this week.

I'm reading Angles Ink by Jocelynn Drake. It's urban fantasy and I'm enjoying it. Its the first in a series. I'm not sure how, or why, I've suddenly started all these serieses.

I'm listening to the tenth Discworld novel, Moving Pictures.  It's not my favourite, satire seems to be edging towards parody, and I find this one rather blunt. I think this is where I stopped reading the books when i was younger.

As for knitting, I've been swatching and sewing in ends. I'm about to start the Millwater Cowl. As you can see I haven't even wound the yarn and I'm leaving the house in about 15 minutes, so I'm going to do that now and I'll tell you more about the cowl once I've actually started knitting it.

Comments

  1. Love that yarn.. gorgeous color! Popping by via Ginny : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn! What a great color for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pattern that cowl is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty fall colored yarn. I am looking forward to seeing that cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to know what yarn that is! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can just get through this Pratchett the ones that follow are improve again. Moving Pics has never been my favorite disc world. Do love the malabrigo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unravelled wednesday and WAYRN - the one where I prepare

We are heading off for some camping and hiking and general R&R on Friday, so I'm currently in planning and preparing mode. Of course that mainly means deciding what to knit - I'm going to make the Old Romance cardigan by Joji Locatelli. The yarn is wound and I'm ready to go. I completed Leon's Winter Set (2023) just in time, and it's currently blocking. I'm reading Georgette Hayer's Fredrica , which I am enjoying very much. Regency romance is so sweet and, unlike current romance offerings, I know it won't suddenly tumble into gynaecological territory!  For unexplained reasons, NetGalley is offering some Georgette Heyer books at the moment - (maybe it's re-release?) and I'm taking this opportunity to read a few more of them And that's my week in knitting and reading.  To read my all my book reviews, and to see everything I knit, you can find me on Ravelry as  Sharondoublekni t and on GoodReads as  Sharondblk .  I'm joining in with Kat ...

Yarnalong - the one with the final bit of transport

Remember how I took every form of transport known to man a fortnight ago? Well, I was missing just one thing, suburban trains. But today I got to remedy that, knitting my way to Dandenong for work. Yay? My Char jumper has been knitting up ridiculously fast. It's easy, pleasant and a well written pattern. I'm reading Rachael Herron's latest book The Ones Who Matter Most . It's a good read so far, family centered fiction, easy to read but still emotionally challenging. I'm listening to Evelyn Waugh's Men At Arms . I'm enjoying it, I didn't really know what to expect, but some of it reminds me of Catch 22, in that it catalogues the absurdities of war and bureaucracy. The narrator has the perfect upper crust English accent and I'm very pleased it's the first of a trilogy.   And that's another week of reading, knitting and catching trains everywhere for me. Do pop along to Ginny's blog to see what she and the rest of the yarnalong ...

Slowly slowly

I haven’t posted about my actual knitting for a while. This might be because not much has changed since the last time I talked about my knitting. This is the edging of my Village Sweater Wrap:  The picture fails to capture how much further there is to go. I'm just past the first arm hole, so just over a third of the way through. It’s 47 stitches of relatively simple lace. I’ve been knitting it since Monday two weeks ago. It’s quite pleasant, and slowly growing but I can’t quite work out why it’s growing so slowly. One reason I know is that the first week I was knitting it during Good Beer Week, so I didn’t take it out and about with me. I knit other things, and when I’m knitting two things it makes everything feel like it takes forever. But the main reason, I think, is that this is just a slow knit for me. I love the needles I’m knitting on ( Karbonz of course) I love the yarn, I love the way the lace looks. So really, what’s the rush? I’m not going to be cold...