Saturday, October 2, 2010

Spinning sock wool

I finished the sock wool that I dyed yesterday. The colours in it remind me of an Australian summer, all burnt browns and hot oranges and dry, dry land.

I am very happy with it, as it is the first time that I have succesfully spun this thing. It' 405 meters of 2 ply. Next time I'll have to try a three ply, but I was using the smallest whorl on my wheel, and found that, for thinner I want smaller. I'll have to investigate getting a lace flyer kit.

I was planning on attending the Spinners and Weavers Guild spinning session today, but day light savings started last night, Leon and I didn't get in until latish and I completely failed to get out of bed. But is is a beautiful spring day and we are off the throw the frisbee on the beach. I'll take my sock in progress with me and see f I can't find a it of time for fresh air sock knitting too.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for getting Sonia interested in spinning. my bank account thanks you also...

    She keeps crapping on about some carding thing and spinning wheel she wants to get...

    ReplyDelete