I was trying to think up a snappy title for this post but, to be frank, I'm not feeling overly snappy about things. I finally got the merino plied that I have been spinning on Rosie. Remember the one that Remember the one that I was determined to get to 400 meters?
BTW it's Kathy's Fibres in Forest I highly recommend her fibre. It's beautifully prepared, the colours are stunning, the fibre is very inexpensive and it's posted from South Australia. After I had finished plying I took a good look at what I had made: it's fine and even and lovely. Also, it's 330 meters, which isn't bad for 100grams, but is probably not long enough for the unreleased Romi Hill pattern I thought I was spinning for.
At the same time I have been plying some superwash merino I dyed and spun on my Bosworth Mini. I've been plying it while I'm out and about on my Boseworth maxi and I have no words for how much a I love this spindle. It's smooth and lovely and it even smells amazing. Also, it can take 100grams of fibre - I'd like to say without a problem, although I think the spindle was a little overloaded at the end.
This is three plied and came out at 214 metres. I'm spinning for Blackrose socks and the small size calls for 220 meters. Given that I have very small feet it should be fine. I might leave a pattern repeat out - as well as short feet I have short legs.
I also tried to dye the Regia I bought for Cloud. For some reason I came up with yellow marks. This happened last time I dyed, and I thought I knew why, but this time I have no idea. I threw the ruined yarn out and sulked a little.
To sum up: the spinning was almost successful and the dying was a failure.
On top of all this I feel very tired. We had a big weekend, culminating in one of my close friends getting married. To get myself out of this funk I have cast on for the pastel two strip noro scarf because in the face of failure - or at least mixed success, a pretty, fluffy, simple scarf really is the quickest way to happiness.