Thursday, January 31, 2013

Babies and spinning

You'll be seeing a fair number of baby jumpers on the blog in the next few months - five people at my work are pregnant. One of the baby jumpers I wanted to knit is the Snug, but I didn't have any suitable twelve ply yarn. I did have the lovely dark grey four ply that I made my Laika out of.
Before
 I ran three strands of it through the wheel, and I'm really happy with the result.

After
I really haven't done any spinning for the last six months. I don't think this has returned my spinning mojo, but it is nice to know I can utilise this skill in a useful way, and I've found myself tootling away on the spindle a couple of times since I finished this, so who knows, maybe the love will return.

Do you have a "go to" baby pattern you like to use? If so, let me know in the comments, because I've got two  more to go, and that's after I actually knit Snug.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't actually knit this one before but it looks super cute.

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/striped-boatneck-sweater

    I have a copy that was published in a woman's day that my brother-in-law's mother clipped out for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can pop on over to my ravelry page and see the baby knits that I make. Just type in snooks. Your yarn looks so squishy and nice. It would be wonderful to be able to make yarn as well as knit it up.

    ReplyDelete