Saturday, January 19, 2013

Buttons from stash

I mentioned in a previous post that all I have to do is buy the perfect buttons and the cardigan will be done. I was planning on going to the button shop on Monday, when I decided to check my button stash. I don't have a huge button collection, and most of them I inherited from my Grandmother. I went through them and found these, which I think are perfect on this jumper. 
After sewing the buttons on I'm reblocking it, because I'm not 100% happy with how the button band is sitting, and seams just demandblocking prior to wearing. I'm hoping a bath will smooth out the buttonband, otherwise I'm going to rip and reknit.
If it all worked out, I'll try for modelled photos some time this week.

1 comment:

  1. ooh that is a lovely cardigan, and the buttons just finish it off perfectly. have a knitty sunday x

    ReplyDelete