I had a bit of trouble with the colourwork on my Fair Isle socks, I think because on the chart the main colour was purple and the contrast colour was plain white. In my head the main colour should have been plain white, and I had to rip a number of times because I reversed them. When I was done I breathed a sigh of relief and knitted down the single colour leg. When I got to the heel I noticed that I had completely stuffed up one side, and one side only of the colour work.
I tried to convince myself that I could live with it, but I couldn't. I'm not a perfectionist, but the longer I'm a knitter the closer I get to perfectionism. Before ripping back the entire leg of the sock I decided to try duplicate stitching it. I used a tutorial from Knitscene Spring 2012 (you know, the one that I talk about ALL THE TIME)
I think it came out quite well. It's a little bit messy, but blocking will help that, and I can certainly live with it as it is. Now to actually finish knitting it!